Congratulations on making an excellent choice for your skin and the planet. Billions of disposable plastic razors end up in landfill each year, so a brass metal safety razor with replaceable stainless steel blades is a zero-waste alternative that also offers a far superior shave. And let’s face it - it’s a much sexier looking option that will turn shaving from a chore into cherished self-care, zen moments.
Using our PLASTIC-FREE LUXURY SAFETY RAZOR is actually super simple and, despite being a ‘vintage’ item, they’re making a big comeback thanks to the experience they offer and their sustainable nature, so they are new to some people. This post is to help you get started quickly - and we’re certain you’ll never look back.
LOADING OR REPLACING THE BLADE ON YOUR SAFETY RAZOR
Your new safety razor will arrive without the blade loaded, as a safety measure. To load a new blade, make sure your hands are dry and follow these 5 quick easy steps:
- Hold the razor head by “pinching” the short sides and unscrew the handle with the other hand. Once the handle is off, the razor head will separate into two pieces - top and spacer. Gently place all the parts down on a clean dry surface.
- If you are replacing the blade, now’s a good time to give it a quick rinse with soap and water. Dispose of the old blade safely - we recommend keeping it in a glass jar to empty at the local scrap yard once full.
- Pick up the rounded top of the razor head with one hand, and the blade with the other (only ever touch the short parts of the blade!), placing the blade directly on top by aligning the holes to the pins of the head.
- Place the spacer on top of the blade with the serrated edge facing the blade.
- Screw the handle back in, which will sandwich the blade and head pieces, holding everything safely together.
And that’s it - you’re ready to go give yourself the shave of your life! For the best shaving experience, make sure to also read How to shave with our PLASTIC-FREE LUXURY SAFETY RAZOR.